Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question is what recourse do I have against a passive…

Customer Question
My question is what...

My question is what recourse do I have against a passive aggressive employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes, and the employee was moved to a different supervisor but she is still going to other and asking personal question about me in an attempt to make me look bad

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Its is not at will as she is protected by Merit rules

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I supervised her for 2 plus years and the whole time she engaged in office gossip about me, contacted a family member and put me down, was constantly passive aggressive at work and has caused me a lot of emotional grief. I finally complained enough and she was moved from my unit about 3 months ago. I have found out from others that she is meeting with other workers and is asking questions and cohousing others

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

While understandably extremely frustrating, the conduct you describe is not illegal and your employer therefore has no legal obligation to stop it from continuing to occur. The problem is something that can unfortunately only be resolved on an interpersonal level, since this is a matter of office politics and personal relationships. I would continue to document this employee's unprofessional and distracting behavior and continue reporting it to your employer. I would also ignore this employee as much as possible and avoid interacting with them so as to let tensions hopefully subside.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....