Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My offer letter advises a 6% increase upon satisfactory

Customer Question
My offer letter advises...

My offer letter advises a 6% increase upon satisfactory completion of goals we agreed on in 2014. I in fact completed to goals an never received the increase that was in my offer letter. We have change leader several times and I have sent this issue to my new supervisor asking for back pay and the increase going forward Is this reasonable

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

The offer letter does not have any at will language. The position is Full time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they did not give you the increase if you met the goals that you agreed upon back in 2014. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. I also know of something that can help you with this situation. If you click here, you can request an attorney-prepared breach of contract letter for a flat fee (usually around $250). Turnaround time is less than 48 hours. Take a look at the link and fill out the contact form if you’re interested.

What other questions did you have for me today?