Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a few questions. Part time, ..i only was there for…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is***** have a few questions

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No,

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time, ..i only was there for 2weeks but it was horrible

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I quit 2am on Sunday, and they haven't paid me within the 72hrs, now they asking me to fill out a w-4 and stuff...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. What can I answer for you?

Ok do how can you advise me on my situation

I don't know what your "situation" is. I don't see a question listed.

I quit 2am on Sunday, and they haven't paid me within the 72hrs, now they asking me to fill out a w-4 and stuff..

And what is your concern about filling out the W4.

Why they telling me to do all this stuff now?

Are you a salaried employee? If they're asking you to fill out a W4 it's b/c they're planning on withholding taxes.

Wouldn't that be something they should of given me before I started... not 72hrs atfer I quit, and need to get paid.. there for a penalty in labor laws or something?!

Yes, they should have given that to you before you quit. It's unusual that they did not. Whether it's a labor law violation or not doesn't change the amount you would recover. Even if the state were to fine them for not giving an employee a W4 wouldn't change whether or not you're entitled to a paycheck. I'm not sure where you got the 72 hour rule from. Employers sometimes take up to 2-3 weeks to send out a final paycheck. If I tell you otherwise I'd be lying and that wouldn't do you any good.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney