Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can a motel employee be made to go from being paid hourly to…

Customer Question
Can a motel employee...

Can a motel employee be made to go from being paid hourly to being salaried for doing the same job

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If they can be made to go salaried is there a limit on hours that they can be made to work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
provided there is notice one can be changed from hourly to salaried. If this results in a major pay change one may contest it and often file for unemployment benefits.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What about number of hours being made to work
No cap on hours BUT overtime would apply and needs to be paid.
Good luck!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!

awaiting your reply

Infolawyer, Lawyer