Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

On 09/19/17 I was wrongfully terminated. I was coached by…

Customer Question
On 09/19/17 I was...

On 09/19/17 I was wrongfully terminated. I was coached by Walmart without them looking into anything. I got in touch with the district HR whom he said he would investigate but prior to that he was suppose to be checking into other coaching that I didn’t not deserve. I have witness statements that he promised me that he would talk to these individuals. I caught him in a lie because one of the associates he talked to he said that she said she never heard a conversation that took place. She said he just asked her was my name made mention. But she said she never said the conversation didn’t take place.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes I did

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was full time and no Walmart doesn’t welcome unions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I was with this company for 20 years and because they had a bad inventory they are sneaky trying to hold me accountable for it. I was on an LOA from 11/06/16 until 3/1/17 and when I returned to work they had been picking on me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. The answer to your question is yes, they will be able to request the DOL-800. The DOL-800, as you know, is the document issue to all separated employees stating the reason for separation and length of employment for employees in Georgia. The only thing that prevents this document from being put forward is if it is involved in a slander/libel case under GA law. This document is filled out regardless of your reason for separation and it'd be up to your former employer to provide this information. I'm very sorry and I wish that I had better news. One thing that I can tell you as someone who had around 10 jobs before he turned 25, I have known that short of theft, assault, or some sort of fraud, you usually can explain away any situation. If the new employer likes you, what happened previously is often irrelevant.

Did you have any other questions for me?

PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I posted this answer to the wrong page. My apologies, sincerely. This is not the answer to your question. I meant this for a different customer. Bear with me while I review your question in more detail. Thank you.

Ok, thanks so much for your patience. I had a chance to review your situation, but I'm not quite sure what specific questions you had with which I could help you. What specific questions did you have for me today?