Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had conversation last week regarding upcoming Monetary and…

Customer Question
I had conversation last week...
I had conversation last week regarding upcoming Monetary and Non Monetary appointments after making initial NJ claim.
some blogs are suggesting to avoid the telephone hearings and appeal if negative, so you would not offer any information which may have been construed as negative would have time to review what the employer claimed.
what are the pros and cons of this approach?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I think you have a better chance if you can get the UI folks to give you an in person hearing.To me it is harder to rule against you sometimes.You can ask for a face to face hearing instead of a phone one.Try to show good cause for leaving.You can ask for any employer response so you can see it and respond at hearing.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

I was asked to leave, and I don’t know if the employer has made a misconduct claim that I am not aware of.
I

Well see if they reschedule the hearing here.They have to notify you of that reset date.

Prayers to you I am sure this is frustrating.