Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was just let go while on short term disability. I was told…

Customer Question
I was just let...

I was just let go while on short term disability. I was told they were not bringing me back and that they were going in a different direction. They called me in for a meeting to tell me this while on short term medical. Is any of this legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin. the company is based out of Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time. not sure about at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am unsure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

do you think the termination was retaliatory because of your disability/leave?