Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have an employee who has a medical ailment. She shared…

Customer Question
I have an employee...

I have an employee who has a medical ailment. She shared this information with employee #2. Employee #2 shared this email through email to most of the company while asking for donations to create a gift basket. Now employee #1 is saying it has violated her Hippa rights. Have her rights been violated and what as an employer do we need to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this.

What kind of business are you in?

Thank you for the information.

A School

Thank you for the information.

Unless, this is a medical school, HIPAA does not apply. There is no HIPAA violation because a school is not a covered entity under HIPAA. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.