Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer call me in today and once I arrived they ask if…

Customer Question
My employer call me in...
My employer call me in today and once I arrived they ask if I needed a lawyer, I said no they showed me a tape of me bent over, the day I got hurt at the job and said that Idid not appear to hit anything to cause injury, I told them that it was on are about that time It happen. The investigator said they would put out a warrant for my arrest and I should turn my self in. "Workmen compensation"
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm not sure of what specific question you had regarding this, so please let me know so I can be sure to assist you on this as much as possible.

The county wants to arrest me on workmen compensation fraud

I'm sorry to hear about that situation. What specific questions did you have for me regarding this so I can assist? Just as an FYI, I do have to leave the office in about fifteen minutes; however, I am on most every single day so you're more than welcome to ask me additional questions as we continue on, even if it's tomorrow.

They want arrest me for workmen compensation fraud

Hi, I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm the person that's right to help you with this situation. Never fear, I can opt out of this question and let another expert who is online take over for me and they can help you out:-)

Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Different attorney here. Please permit me to assist. What specifically is your question regarding this matter? What would you like to know?

What are my rights when it comes to them wanting to issue a warrant for my arrest for workmen compensation fraud?

Thank you. Your employer cannot issue a warrant--only the police can do that. Your employer can report alleged fraud to the police and then it is up to them to investigate and issue a warrant if they think it is appropriate to do so.

I hope this answers your question. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....