Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

When I filed for FMLA leave i was charged with being AWOL…

Customer Question
When I filed for...

When I filed for FMLA leave i was charged with being AWOL and threaten and laughed at by my immediate Supervisor's Supervisor . I don't feel as thou the fact I have a disability and difficulties with doing the job even with the accommodations that have been provided. Not sure what to do feel like Im being set up for failure

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida I am a VA employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

We have a union but the relationship is not a good one with the management

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really just feel like my work environment aggravates my disabilities and don't want to lose my job because my Supervisor and their Supervisor are treating me like it means nothing to them

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this treatment. What specifically is your question please? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

I want to know if I can file an EO complaint due to the treatment I received
thanks but no I will work it out

Thank you. If you feel you are being harassed because of your disability diagnosis or your requests for reasonable accommodations, you can absolutely file a complaint with the EEOC. IF you feel you are being retaliated against for requesting FMLA leave, or that your FMLA rights are in some way being violated, you can file a complaint with the Department of Labor which is the federal agency that handles FMLA violations.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last post ("thanks but no I will work it out"). Can you clarify?

Are you still with me?

I'm just following up here because things appears to have been cut off. Can you please clarify your last response?