Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was denied unemployment 4 what I believe was being

Customer Question
unfairly treated. The company I...
I was denied unemployment 4 what I believe was being unfairly treated. The company I worked for hired a lady to assist me on 3rd Shift ..she worked approximately a week and one night she just stoped talking with me I emailed my manager that night telling her that I'm not sure what happened but I must have done something to upset Tana. the response I got back was no it was she just had a bad night so we just sort of brushed It Off ,..a week later same thing happen she just stop talking to me, pretty much the same thing that it wasn't me that it's her personality... at this time management suggested us change our schedule so we're not working with each other except 3 days a week where we are each doing a separate job but are still in the same office.. can of being a single mom could not afford being off those extra days, but to avoid the conflict I took my time off. This did not really help her moods of not talking with me got worse. She was telling lies about me, and when I found two of my pic tickets for the drivers in the trash and confronted the supervisor to go ask her why they were there she said that she had the orders but that I was just trying to be a smart-ass.. she was given a different job to try and separate us but again it was the same third shift and same office area and still needed communication between employees. Her mom her dad and her brother all work there and when management could not move me back to first or her back to First shift I felt the message I was getting from management was to overlooked it it's just how she is but my belief is with her family working there it was easier for one person to go and they would rather me quit then get fired so they would not have to pay me the unemployment insurance. Plus the dad is somewhat disabled and probably could not find another job so I think they felt bad for him and wanted to keep them all there. It's a lot to say and there is more to the story but that's the general gist of things
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

My question would be do I have a chance at an appeal..

Yes. No indication of performance problems or resignation. where let go without cause, benefits should be awarded and company has burden of proof which apparently was not met.

I thought this would be easier, I can't afford this

I replied in chat. is my answer not acceptable?