Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Grand daughter works for WalMart and she worked Thanksgiving…

Customer Question
Grand daughter works for...

Grand daughter works for WalMart and she worked Thanksgiving day and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia . Was in the hospital part of Friday and Saturday. She went to work Monday however they fired her for missing that time. Where do we stand with this kind of treatment with a company like WalMart/

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

She lives outside Atlanta, Ga.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

She is full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if a person gets fired from WalMart and is rehired does their health care insurance stop when they get fired and then starts all over again when they return to work meaning that they will have to wait again to gain the insurance they had when they were fired.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did she call in as being sick?