Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need to speak with an attorney as I truly believe I am…

Customer Question
I need to speak...

I need to speak with an attorney as I truly believe I am being singled out as the only woman on our sales team. I get bullied and harassed every week and none of the men on the team are being asked to provide the same information that I am. Even two men on my team called me after one of our conference calls to see if I was okay because our CEO treated me so badly on the call.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a full time salaried employee. We have no union. I like my job, need my job, but the stress and lack of sleep is truly getting to me. I walk on egg shells daily.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have fired the oldest male on the team, then they fired the only African American member of our team, and now I am in the cross hairs. The only woman.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Can you be specific about what your legal question is? Also, have you spoken to HR about your concerns? Finally, has there been any adverse employment action taken against you, for example, a demotion, decrease in pay, etc., that you attribute to being a woman only?