Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am trying to write an appeal for unemployment. I worked in…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to write an appeal for unemployment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No, I worked in a restaurant. There really is no HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told that I looked like shit and to leave and come back at 4. I told my coworker that I wasn't comfortable coming back. At that point, I was locked out of the scheduling system. I assumed that I was fired. Then they told my sister who works there that, "that bitch isn't getting shit from us" referring to unemplyment I feel like they pushed me out. Because they didn't want to fire me because they didn't want to pay unemployment. Even though, I was a great employee

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

However, I do not know what your question is. Kindly clarify.

Are you trying to say that you were fired, but the employer is stating that you quit?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.