Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm. I am a captive Insurance Broker of Farmers Insurance…

Customer Question
I am a captive...

I am a captive Insurance Broker of Farmers Insurance and my contract was terminated in May 2017 without any 30-90 days notice according to my

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time after working for Farmers Ins for 26 1/2yrs Profitable and won 22yrs top awards. I was considered as independent contractor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also I filed a claim with Metropolitan Life LTD Ins under the Agents benefit of Farmers Insurance My disability was approved but would not get the benefit as I was told I have more income than the My benefit I was not notified about this and when I followed up in 2015 I was told about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they have terminated you contrary to your agreement without proper notice, you have grounds to sue them for breach of contract and seek damages for the improper termination.

As far as the benefit plan, as an insurance broker, you know that you would have to read the terms of your particular plan to determine whether or not they need to pay you under that plan or if they are correct in telling you that you make too much to collect under the policy.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

My contract was terminated on the spot on May 5,2017 with written notice handed to me by my District Manager and
Farmers Territory Mgr with vague reasons as to the terms of my contract
Also per my contract my contract value is given to me in full and I do have a Termination Review Board request which I was not answered and no one would respond to my email and calls My contract value was split in 3 pmts

Thank you for your reply.

You would be able to file your claim for breach of contract. Since they did not respond to your termination review board appeal, you have to sue in court for breach of contract.

As to my LTD coverage I was not given the copy of my coverage and Farmers change the LTD company to Metropolitan without my authorization

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to demand a copy of the LTD contract, because you need to see what it says in order to know if they are breaching that contract and if you need to sue over that contract.

Can I file a claim with my Business insurance cov and my compensation thru my Workers Compensation ins as the job has given me a lot of stress and disabled me me with Uncontrolled Diabetes,Blood Pressure and Heart Disease
Is there a way I could set up an appt with a lawyer to present all documents The income they based is on the Corporate Agency Income and not my Individual Income

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to prove your medical condition was caused by your employment before workers compensation will pay. As far as your business insurance, I doubt they will pay on your contract being terminated, that is between you and the other party to the contract.

Pls give me the telephone number to call and to set up an appt with the lawyer

Thank you for your reply.

Please understand and reread the site terms, we cannot represent you or anyone from this site, it is forbidden by state law. So you cannot set an appointment with us to represent you if that is what you are looking for. If you want a phone call to discuss the situation in general and get information from us, we can send you a request for premium service or you can simply continue here and we will continue to answer you.

It's ok pls cancel this membership It would not help me at all

Thank you for taking up our time today. I am sorry that you misunderstood what the purpose of this service was and failed to read the site terms.

We wish you the best. If you want a refund, please contact customer service as the experts are NOT employees of this site we are users just like you. Again thank you very much.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney