Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is it against the law for an upper management second level…

Customer Question
Is it against the...

Is it against the law for an upper management second level to collude with a union president against a first level manager in an attempt to get the first level manger removed from their position? Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a first level manager of union employees. My manager colluded with the Union local President to attempt to get me removed from my position.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is the summary of events. Thx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Yes it is against the law for management and the union to collude in any way shape or form against an employee. It's an unfair labor practice under the NLRA. The difficulty in your case may be proving that collusion occurred against you. However, if you can prove those facts I would suggest you file an unfair labor practice with the NLRA. I would suggest you contact your local NLRB office and discussed filing a charge, which you can learn how to do here https://www.nlrb.gov/who-we-are/regional-offices

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.