Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work at a massage clinic in Seattle and they recently

Customer Question
I work at a...

I work at a massage clinic in Seattle and they recently created a policy where if an LMP calls in sick she/he is automatically taken off the schedule for two days. This policy only applies to LMPs. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington state, Seattle

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full or part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Are you an independent contractor or an employee? Also, does your employer have 50+ employees? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.