Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

In MA...my job is trying to say that I have to find coverage…

Customer Question
In MA...my job is...

In MA...my job is trying to say that I have to find coverage for my vacation

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear you have insurance benefits through your employer and they are trying to deny coverage for vacation periods?

Not insurance. They are trying to say that I'm required to find someone to work for me when I want to use my vacation time

The codes only address sick time and preclude an employer from requiring an employee to locate a replacement - please see:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/workplace/earned-sick-time/est-faqs.pdf

The advisories re: vacations are silent so normally the parties would look to any written or oral contracts, or any implied contracts such as those contained in employment manuals, past practices, etc; please see:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/workplace/vacation-advisory.pdf

If there is a scheduling manager one can argue that by definition this would be within their job description.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: