Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a disability in my back done approved for SSD be off…

Customer Question
I have a disability...

I have a disability in my back done approved for SSD be off work since August my accident sickness disability insurance has denied me 2 times on appeals my contract says 250 per week MetLife does not won't to pay me what is owed to me I was born with this in my back had a fall in August that has made me unable to work I'm retiring 15 the of Dec from company this is discrimination of a physical condition in my point of view if u can't answer call me *************

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's in my contract with usw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had this to come up in 1982 got fired went to aribirtration settled out of court because company's lawyer agreed with union attorney on grounds of being by law physically handicap since birth but it get worse over year's spondylosis and spondylitis

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
MetLife has told me I don't. Meet their criteria I have sent doctors letters and took therapy one time could not do it they sd I need to do something to get better in order for them to pay me sd like take pain pills since government putting tight rein on pain meds my doctor would not give them because of addiction but to only rest or have major surgery that's at my dicrestion doctor sent second letter ain't gonna get better but still denied union sd me to file a third appeal or file with eeoc
I have talked to attorneys they won't take it cause ain't enough money involved it's short term 6 months 12 month long term disability but if it's decrimination it should be lot more
11/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,