Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I file 2 extensions for my rebuttal letter, I extended…

Customer Question
Can I file 2...

Can I file 2 extensions for my rebuttal letter, I extended it 30 days but now I am waiting for 2 letters to come to me that I need for letter and would like to extend another 15 days.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I got the okay for the first 30 days extension from my investigator at EEOC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Guess Not

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

EEOC can keep a case open for a nearly indefinite duration, as long as you have actually filed the formal charge within 180 days of the date that the discrimination is alleged to have occurred. So, the answer here is "yes," as long as you have actually filed the formal charge of employment discrimination.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!