Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm interested in legal advice about how to form a union for…

Customer Question
Hello I'm interested in...

Hello I'm interested in legal advice about how to form a union for those working for a Connecticut-based employer. The workers are scattered worldwide and some are not US citizens and some do not have the status of employee, but they have the status of independent contractor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The company is based in Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I would say it is 'at will'

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I would recommend contacting a union organizer who professionally do this. Here is one of the most well known entities engaged in unionizing. You are allowed to under federal law. https://www.ctaflcio.org/4-steps-form-union