Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was assaulted and end up being transferred to the hospital…

Customer Question
I was assaulted and...

I was assaulted and end up being transferred to the hospital by ambulance and they still have him working for the the company where i suffer anxiety attacks because of it and PTSD. I got a copy of all witness reports pointing at him as the aggressor and he still works for the company. I want to know if I have and chance at suing the company

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time non union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than I got a really bad concussion and the workplace is saying they wont cover the medical costs even though it was on the job and he also fled the scene of the incident right as the police showed up

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Generally you would not be able to sue the company. However, you could sue the individual you hurt you. You could also file a workers compensation insurance claim through your employer's workers comp insurance carrier in order to recover compensation for your medical bills and any wages you lost as a result of being disabled from work. See here to get the workers comp claim process started.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Theres a policy that we signed that ensured the safety to all of the employees which they failed to do so would I have a case against there?

No, unfortunately. The sole remedy an employee has against their employer for injuries suffered at work is to file a workers compensation clause. Again, you can sue the employee, an you can file a workers comp claim, but those would generally be your sole remedies.

Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Did you get my last reply?

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....

Tina, Lawyer