Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I work and still get ssi. Louisiana. I get ssi now. I…

Customer Question
Can I work and...

Can I work and still get ssi

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I get ssi now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes i work for pizza place as a driver

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Generally no, you can not receive an paycheck and your full ssi payments. With some exceptions,m if you are on SSI and you work your disability benefits will be reduced by the income you earn. Social Security does have a program to ease you back into the labor force. For a period of time they will partially reduce your benefits depending on the amount you earn.

But if you find that you can not continue to work because of your condition, your benefits can be reinstated.

Here is a guide published by Social Security that describes this in detail:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-work-ussi.htm

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald