Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a fairly large company. A company that regularly…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a fairly large company. A company that regularly violates many OSHA mandates. Said company produces weekly safety videos, this weeks video went over proper lifting. The company states in their safety video, that no lifting above the head should be done. However, my job routinely requires me to lift 50 pounds above my head all day. Recently, I have begun to have shoulder issues from the workload. If my rotator cuff is torn will I have a civil case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You can report the injury to management and HR as well as the labor board.Employment counsel can also represent you. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable, thank you.
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page. Happy holidays!