Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had some employees walk out last Monday at 730 am with out…

Customer Question
I had some employees...

I had some employees walk out last Monday at 730 am with out saying anything anything. I had to cancel the job for the day and reschedule the week to accommodate. Know one answered my phone calls or my text messages until that night . I made arrangements for a few of them to come in the next day and they did not come in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have not been into work at all this week. They do not like a few of the new employees we have. and do not like that we have had a lot of damage on our move outs and my making note of it all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/24/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Are you wanting to terminate them, if so you certainly can do that as employees at will and they no called, no showed you have good cause under Florida law to do so.You can also defend this if they try to file fr UI benefits.Florida is employment at will you can terminate them here without notice.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I am waiting to let them go. I want to make sure they can not come back and do damage to me or the company

It is not a problem to terminate here for no call, no show, they are employees at will and you can do this, you have good cause to do so.

Thank you

You are so welcome stars at top of page, thanks for 5 stars.Have a great day.