Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Out of the clear blue the chaplain of our large company of…

Customer Question
Out of the clear...

Out of the clear blue the chaplain of our large company of over 500 employees. There are only two females that work in the shop of over 500 men. One female is straight, wears provocative clothing and her father is a high up boss. I am a female lesbian but have never told anyone but I do dress for work in covered men's work clothes...continuing

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

They always do random drug testing and take several people in the morning to the same place at Sentera Now Care hospital setting in va. Beach, va This time they just took me alone, late in the afternoon down a dark alley, in a dark filthy little room with one woman wearing plain clothes and no sanitation gloves

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time. She did not make me sign a form as usual...i have had 7 clean tests since working there. She wore no gloves and handed me a cup without a line I had to fill too like the hospitals.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I could only urinate a small amount not enough to fit the dip stick. The place they usually use and contract with takes three days for results. There were no witnesses. She shoved the stick in bent to completely wet it with no gloves and immediately came out and told the chaplain every test was dirty. Did not show me results. He immediately said your fired. All places take 3 days. I was completely clean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Also, a man that I use to work with at AGI, INC and was in prison for 15 years before working at the job and making comments that I did not like. When I went to my car to go home one day after work he was waiting and said to me that he was going to do everything in his power to get me fired and make it his life's mission. He is very close to the big bosses
I was in shock and asked human resources why and what to do. They said to just ask for another test at company they usually use and have doctors call about the scripts I do take that they give me a legal script for in case they can produce false positives. They told me and roommate who drove me back to work that several guys tested dirty and the other feminine girl and all got 30 days off and a chance to retake test in 30 days and are all back working on job. I was the only one not given same opportunity because it was a set up because I am not feminine enough
I was told that they were suppose to give me my check immediately. They did not give me my check for 7 days. Then I went to fill my prescription drugs and to my doctors appointment about one week after and the pharmacist said they cancelled my insurance one hour after firing me and never told me. They never even mentioned cobra until 2 weeks later after my roommate called them and said it was illegal. Then they finally sent the letter three weeks later about cobra and pre-dated the date on the letter. Also I had paid my health insurance premiums for the whole month and they cancelled before month was up. Since I could not get my beds I suffered severe withdrawals and became very ill
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am still waiting for a typed answer. I got a notification that said the lawyer was typing but since I never received answer I asked if we could speak on phone now. I have not gotten an answer yet or phone call
I still have not got an answer
11/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Do you have a written employment agreement?

What was your job?

Does the employer have a written drug testing policy?

You indicated that you were on prescription medication. Do you have a disability? See https://www.ada.gov/pubs/adastatute08.htm#12102

Were you paid on or before the next regular pay date?

https://resources.lawinfo.com/wages/virginia/