Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is the fee for the advise? Documented what? Tennessee…

Customer Question
What is the fee...

What is the fee for the advise?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Documented what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Tennessee is an "at will" state, the position is full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would still like to know what the fee will be to obtain advise of whether I have a cause to file a discrimination complaint

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

The value shown on the question is $38.

What is the specific legal question?

I was recently demoted from a Property Manager position for a HOA Management Company, which I have previous experience and had been with this company for 3 years before excepting the position. The previous Property Manager had no prior experience and was being paid a substantially higher salary and now my replacement Property Manager who also had no experience is being paid approximately $20,000 more than I was. Both the previous and replacement are males, therefore I feel I was and still are being taken advantage of by my employer. I do not want to pursue legal services if I do not have a claim.
I wish to discontinue my request for advise as I feel this is too complicated

Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.

1. Do you have a written employment agreement for a fixed term requiring cause for termination, discipline or demotion?

2. Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?