Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am the owner/operator of the Spokane Grocery Outlet in…

Customer Question
I am the owner/operator...

I am the owner/operator of the Downtown Spokane Grocery Outlet in Spokane Washington. I was given a option of terminating my contract of an independent contractor selling Groceries out of their leased location of going on six years or resigning. We have been with the "company" Grocery Outlet Inc. for 13 years operating as a proprietor for 2 stores in Oregon and B - n - T LLC in Washington. My wife and I also worked for the Corporate office for a year setting up stores. I am 57 and my wife is 56. We have been issued a warning letter in July 2017 and then last Tuesday given the choice , which is the same outcome. We are looking for legal advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that the company has threatened many couples over our years with the company and feel that their contract is iron clad. No one has "won" but some have had some leverage for a severance package.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

What is the reason they no longer wish to work with you? How much longer is left on your contract and what does the termination clause state?

Are you online with me?