Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I renewed my teaching certification in Florida 5 years ago…

Customer Question
I renewed my teaching certification...
I renewed my teaching certification in Florida 5 years ago and put down for criminal charges 1) wreckless driving 2) open house party 3) dui. I was given my renewal . Now my next renewal is coming up in March . Is there any reason to fret that I won’t be renewed? I’m worried because the wreckless was actually a dui that was downgraded due to pre trial stuff . Also on the criminal background check both my DUIs have forms of charge as unknown. No misdemeanor or felony. The sonic dui , the charges were dropped.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

As you were convicted only of the reckless driving, it shouldn't matter what you were originally charged with, if you were asked to list your criminal convictions. If you filled out the questions honestly according to what the application questions asked for, you have nothing to worry about.

Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.