Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Just doing some research. Florida. I am currently being

Customer Question
Just doing some research ...

Just doing some research

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am currently being investigated by the Department of Children and Families and so is the preschool that I have been working for for the past 20 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

An employee that is very good friends with this parent walked out of the school because she did not get what she wanted. Since then all these accusations against me have suddenly come out. The parent claims that she has seen and heard me doing these issues, but its amazing that she could since I have only spoke to this parent 2 times and it was in passing of "good morning" and "have a good night." I come in at 7:30am and leave immediately to take older children to school and don't return until 8:00am. Then I am here all day until 2:00pm when I pick up those children and don't return until 3:30pm and then I clock out at 4:30 some times 5:00pm, there may be a day or two that I stay until closing time of 6:00. This parent picks her child up at 5:30 every day. Explain to me how she could hear or see me do any of these accusations. It is coming from the employee that is for a lack of better words pissed off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

DCF social workers are some of the most incompetent and negligent individuals you will ever meet and the most abusive of their power as well. The social workers come into these investigations with extreme bias and once they form bias against any party in an investigation it does not matter to them if the person did it or not. So at this point you need to protect yourself and handle first things first.

The first thing you need to deal with is you need to get an attorney and make sure DCF dismisses these charges, since you do have proof that you are never present when this person is at the school so she could not have heard or seen you do anything.

Second step is once the investigation is over, you have legal rights to sue her over making a known false complaint to DCF. Ordinarily you cannot sue a person for making a DCF complaint, but when you can prove they made a known false complaint, especially willfully and with malice, you can sue them for damages to your reputation and any lost business or lost money you incurred as well as emotional distress caused you by their conduct.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.