Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently lost my appeal with the EEOC on my appeal of my…

Customer Question
I recently lost my...

I recently lost my appeal with the EEOC on my appeal of my complaint against my former employer. I have until January 27, 2018 to file a civil suit. I want to and can afford an attorney but wish to go Pro Bono if I can.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

DC!

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am innocent of the reasons my former employer terminated me! It has been over 4 years since the EEOC started screwing my case up and wasting time. I cant rest until I have my day in court!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You mean "pro se" meaning you think you can win representing yourself?

Was your termination based ONLY on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

I believe I, (and others ), were terminated either by race, (dark skinned), or by age! I complained to the EEOC of Wrongful Discharge and Race Discrimination by complexion. My witnesses were not asked the right questions. (One was called three years later during the Chritmas holiday), I was subpoened just last June, six months after my final deposition. The EEOC twisted and turned my questions to fit their narative and confused my witnesses. They paid little attention to my witnesses testimony thereafter. The EEOC lost my complaint for a whole year causing the defendant to file a Motion for Dismissal which was disallowed due to my intervention and proof of file date. I need a voice and need a sit down with a professional that can see and hear what I did, then judge me!
Causing the Respondent to file a Motion for Dismissal!
Leslie Bradley vs. Washington Nationals EEOC Charge No. 10C-2015-00460

Thank you for your reply.

Do you actually have evidence that YOU were terminated only because of your race or age?

These cases are not handled for free, we can answer your specific question if you want to file on your own if you tell us what your question is for it. As far as "sitting down with a professional" that is not done pro bono and it is not done through this site. A local employment law attorney will review your evidence generally without charge to evaluate your evidence if you want to get representation.

My evidence is the people terminated before me. Their ignorance at obvious discrimination did not deter me from recognizing it and following through when I was set up and terminated.
Thats what I want! Someone to review my evidence and because this is kind of complicated to explain, I figured a one on one would be better, a lawyer I believe would understand better if I were to explain in person, just saying! I dont do this normally so I dont know what to do other than be angry about this whole thing with No help! This is why the employees terminated before me wouldnt complain, No help or very complicated and confusing. Thats all I ask, a review of my evidence!

Thank you for your reply.

Then you would need to hire a local employment attorney in DC to review your evidence that you have and you can find a local attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

State law forbids us on this site from doing anymore than just answering general questions and providing information on laws to customers, we cannot represent them and evaluate their evidence.

Hard to find a lawyer, but Thank you for your efforts!
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your reply.

It is not that hard to find a lawyer, there are many lawyers out there and they cannot all have so many cases they cannot take your case.