Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work at the U S army health clinic in Aberdeen Maryland…

Customer Question
I work at the...

I work at the U S army health clinic in Aberdeen Maryland for Valiant government services a company which just recently purchase us from ABM government I approached my supervisor about a fellow employee who has been stealing time . He puts down he worked 40 hours when he has not I have documented this for him only to be told that we are lax here and oh by the way this person will be getting a promotion even though you have more experience and have been here longer and I was not invited to apply for the promotion plus they just hired this persons cousin who buy the way was in contention with another well qualified person but my supervisor disqualified her because she was going to get married and he thought she might get pregnant and would have to take time off when I approached the government chief of operations ( a gs13) I learned that my boss and him have had closed door meetings to promote this person without making the position open to all employees along with the fact the government supervisors has asked me on more than 1 occasion to take government funds purchase items we did not need so he can do work at his home I am afraid to say or do anything as I am a 62 year old Veteran and concerned that if I open this can of worms my lively hood will be put in Jeopardy . I have kept my mouth shut while I have watched the government purchase many items for the people in the logistics division of the health clinic which really are not needed a dozen Heated battery operated sweatshirts for anyone who wants one dozens of raincoats at $173.00 apiece for people who work in offices I am really really confused I was raised not to steal , cheat or lie but working as a contractor for the government this is a daily work ethic

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I have no one to turn to at work and at a loss to do the right thing

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

We just got a 5 year contract 1 guaranteed with 4 years option every March 31

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time I have been trying to keep quite and deal with this but too many years catholic school

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
I am sorry that you have experienced such problems within your workplace. It appears that you are experiencing some gender discrimination with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, promotion, and discipline. In addition you appear to have knowledge of criminal activity that you have tried to report and was ignored. All claims could probably be addressed in a discrimination lawsuit which would start with you filing an EEO discrimination complaint if you are a government employee. You would file an EEOC complaint If you have a private employer.
https://www.opm.gov/our-inspector-general/hotline-to-report-fraud-waste-or-abuse/Here is a link that allows you to report government fraud and abuse.
https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmHere is the link to file a gender discrimination complaint for the preferential treatment that seems to be given to males in your workplace
If I have provided you with satisfactory customer service, please reward me with a positive rating so that I may get credit for this session! Thanks!!
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Hello!! If you need any other assistance please let me know? Otherwise I need to get a rating from you in order to conclude and get credit for this session!! Thanks so much!