Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terimated while in the hospital for no reason is that…

Customer Question
I was terimated while...

I was terimated while in the hospital for no reason is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes they call my wife at her place of employment and told her ,I was in the hospital with an amputation and septs and literially on my death bed mi had work for them 15years

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time I was the service manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just checking if I have any recourse with them

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

What state are you located in?

Idaho
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you for providing that information.

Answer: Unfortunately, is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but hope it will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi