Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have worked in a hospital for 1-year now but have been…

I have worked in...

I have worked in a hospital for 1-year now but have been doing my job for 24 years and I was doing 2-other employees jobs as they were let go from the Hospital jobs plus my own and the company owes me for 9-months, as I never received ant compensation for the 9-months I worked for the Hospital and would like to get my money .Human resources has not done anything in this matter. Ivy

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Denver Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am full time employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have exhausted all my time waiting for Human Resources to try and make good on my money for the 2-extra jobs I performed for 9-Mmonths but I think they are just going in circles with me.

11/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

When they assigned you the two extra jobs, did they tell you they would pay you extra for them?

Are they paying you at your agreed rate for all hours worked?

Do you have a written employment contract or union contract?

The Hospital verbaly told me they would pay me for my extra hours for running 1-shift without a manager and another supervisor. No Union-Pay me at the managers hourly wage and the supervisor hourly wage
I can't afford the fee to talk by phone.
Hello.??

Thank you for your reply. I am here, but we are working with multiple customers who all deserve the same time you do. Thank you for your patience.

Okay, have they paid you for all hours you worked at the wage they promised to pay you?

No that is why I want to file with the Labor Board as they are just giving me the run around.
HUMAN RESOURCES IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PAYING ME BUT I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING YET. I AM ALSO FILING FOR HARRASMENT AND DISCRIMINATION AND THEY SAID THE COMPANY LAWYERS WOULD TALK WITH ME ABOUT PAYING ME FOR MY TIME FOR EXTRA DUTIES BUT I THINK THEY ARE ALL JUST GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND. Ivy.
I have to get ready for work in about 25 minutes as I really do hope we can come up with my rights to file with the Labor Board here in Colorado.

Thank you for your reply.

Under the Fair Labor Standards Act and your Colorado Wage Act, failure to pay an employee for all hours worked violates those laws. You would file a complaint with the Colorado Department of Labor https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/complaint-forms

You would file for three times the wages due you, since by law if they fail to pay wages due you are entitled to at least 2 times wages due and 3 times wages do if they are willfully and maliciously not paying, which would be your argument here, that they are not paying willfully knowing they owe you the money.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I will file for the 3-times wages as your answers helped me out and now I know what my complaint will be. Thank you-Ivy.

Thank you for your reply.