Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need to take a medical and also these leave is work

Customer Question
I need to take...

I need to take a medical and also these leave is work related should I take medical leave or leave to the atorney to be added to my work com case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have pending work comp case and don”t know if should take a medical Leave or yest take the time I need and work with doctors notes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If you need a few days, or a few hours here and there, better to avoid taking medical leave, and this way may even get paid time off.

Normally medical leave is used for leaves of 2 weeks or more for serious issues.

Kindly let me know if that is acceptable by replying "yes"

Awaiting your reply, thank you!