Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been suspended due to calling HR to report

Customer Question
I have been suspended...

I have been suspended due to calling HR to report sexual harrassment and assaults at work and retaliation. It is a medical facility. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time hourly employee

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you reported discrimination to your employer and you were retaliated against by suspension from work, then you have a legal action against the employer (unless you were suspended with pay). File a charge with the Iowa Civil Rights Commission.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer