Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can i get my job back after two years of termation. Tn.

Customer Question
Can i get my...

Can i get my job back after two years of termation

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tn

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes i failed a drug and achoal test this is why iwas termated union said for me to resign

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

There's nothing under federal or state law that legally prohibits you from applying for or getting re-hired by the same employer. Rather, it would be up to the employer to decide whether they wished to do so. I imagine if they think you resigned due to a failed drug/alcohol test that they would be reluctant to re-hire you, but nothing prohibits it.

Please let me know if I may clarify anything or provide additional information about this matter to you. Thank you.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed about this question? If so, please reply without rating, and I'm happy to assist you further. Your complete satisfaction is my goal.

If not, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Experts like myself are not employees of this site. We receive no salary and no payment until a customer leaves a positive rating. Thank you.