Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My company scheduled me to work despite my doctor's note.

Customer Question
My company scheduled me...

My company scheduled me to work despite my doctor's note

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time. salary actually

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was in a car wreck and due to those injuries i was unable to perform my duties and despite getting a demotion for less hours it didn't happen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Does your employer have 50+ employees and have you been employed there at least 12 months and worked at least 1250 hours in that 12 months to qualify for FMLA leave?