Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been working for the educational system for 2 years…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working for the educational system for 2 years and during those two years and the current school year my clock-in hours always been from 7 to 9am. my recent assignment for the school year 2017 was the same. however ever since I went for an internal interview on Oct 31st my boss wanted me told me to start clocking in at 7:15. How is that fair and possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Its confusing because according the the "before and After" program I am considered full time but I don't qualify for benefits due to hours according to the state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So, ill say part time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Can you please tell me if you are in a union? Why do you think that your boss decided to change your clock in time? Are you paid hourly (non-exempt) or salaried (exempt)?

Im not union, paid hourly and 1 exempt

Thank you, ***** ***** am unclear about how you can be paid hourly and still be considered "exempt" which is not hourly. Can you explain that and also, I still need the other information I asked for, which is why you think your boss changed your reporting time.

with this job I make less than 23,600 a year. my boss said to the supervisor that I clock-in too early that was the reason. I clock-in 5 minutes prior but that was the same time I always clocked in.
the law exempts after school programs thats why I am "exempt"

I am not understanding your situation, so I am going to opt out of your question and allow another Expert to assist you who might better be able to assist you. Someone will let you know when they have a response for you. Thank you for your patience.