Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

We are a private Employer. We do business in 19 states and

Customer Question

We are a private Employer. We do business in 19 states and expanding. Our HQ is located in Michigan.Conditional Offer Of EmploymentQ: What States have adopted ban-the box for 2017-2018?Q:For Each State that adopted ban-the box, per what section of the Law?
-Example: New York: Do not disclose any criminal Proceedings that terminate in your favor, per section 160.50 of the New York Criminal Procedure Law, any criminal proceedings that terminated in " Youthful offender adjudication" as defined in section 720.35 of the New York Criminal Procedure Law. Employers may not request information relating to an arrest without conviction, unless charges are still pending.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.
what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What States adopted ban the box?
Will open this to my colleagues.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am trying to put together a Conditional Offer Of Employment that will show the ban the box states and then type up the section of law that backs it up for applicants to review. To let the applicants now there rights, that we can't ask them about their criminal background.