Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am part of a team working to create a new video game. If…

Customer Question
I am part of a...
I am part of a team working to create a new video game. If people are working on the project as volunteers, do labor laws still apply? For example, child labor laws? Most of the people working on the project are under age 18. Also, is work made for the game considered a "work made for hire" even though the person making it was not paid? For example, if someone helped to create a logo for the game, we want to be sure that the logo belongs to the company, not to the individual who helped to create it.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Is this video game going to be sold for a profit? What's the "end result" of this game?

Tina, Lawyer