Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had a medical diagnosis of thyroid problems and given

Customer Question
I had a medical...

I had a medical diagnosis of thyroid problems and given medication. I was called in office with an audience-Co-worker, Supervisor, her husband compliance director and Hr worker. They said they were concerned that I could not do my job and offered me a lower paying job that was already filled. Contacted EEOC and they expedited my case to Human Rights person and she is requesting mediation. Should I hire an attorney? What if we don’t agree on a settlement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Salary full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe EEOC has accepted my case. Do I just hire an attorney and sue or go through process of mediation and then decide. How much do I ask for compensation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. No one, who does not have all of the facts of your case, including the facts from the employer's perspective can give you advice about what your ultimate action should be in this case. However, in my experience, I would recommend that you consider hiring a qualified employment law firm to assist you in this process. You don't have to have one for mediation with the Employer and the EEOC, but sometimes it helps since the attorney can guide you as to what would be a reasonable settlement at mediation. It's a mediation so you don't have to agree to any settlement if you don't want to. However, litigation can be costly and stretched out in time, so that should be considered when coming up with a plan for mediation.

You could also, if you choose, decline mediation and file suit, but again, it can be costly and if you can get to a reasonable settlement without doing that, you should consider it. However, this is something that your attorney should help you decided.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question and also leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

This didn’t answer what I was asking about as about. I still don’t know what to do.