Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My shift supervisor treated me unfair and requested me to do…

My shift supervisor treated...

My shift supervisor treated me unfair and requested me to do things that is not aligned with company rules.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ca San Francisco

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time in store shopper Instacart

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Today i dressed a one piece dress as i arranged a dinner with my mom after work, however, when she looked at me and asked me to put on my company t shirt immediately and it is not complusory and she insulted me in the public.

11/20/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Did you report the matter to HR
A hour ago.
Good that is the proper first step.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If HR does not act you can escalate.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I believe i am not fluency English speaker, so calling the lawyer is not a good idea for me.
I am a new immigrant from hong kong and i am a single mom, i just arrive a month ago.
I replied in chat above.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks.
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer