Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had to leave a day care center because there were

Customer Question
I had to leave...

I had to leave a day care center because there were unsanitary conditions and verbal child abuse. Is there a department where this can be reported?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has the behavior been documented in any way?

The state is Pennsylvania and there is no formal documentation that I know of . The reason I left was because of what I saw and heard.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I worked there part time. My concern is for the children.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a letter from the child that he was forced to write by the staff.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Pa law - 55 Pa. Code, Chapter 3280 - requires day care centers to be licensed. The PA Department of Human Services regulates the centers. You can file a complaint (at no cost) with the Department. See:

http://www.dhs.pa.gov/Feedback/index.htm?ContactCode=OCDEL&Subject=Child%20Care%20and%20Early%20Education

If you do not hear from DHS contact your local state representative for assistance:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald