Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I am 70 a captive insurance agent..I cannot do anything

Customer Question

I am 70 a captive insurance agent..I cannot do anything without permission from my empolyer.I cant even seel my business
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: many times
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time and contracted
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that I want to retire and the company will nit let me sell my agency
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See above
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can force the sale by applying pressure including a lawyer threat to sue. A judge would free you up.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!