Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed a discrimination compliant against my employer. The…

Customer Question
I filed a discrimination...

I filed a discrimination compliant against my employer. The case is before Miami EEOC judge; since July. No hearing has been set up. How long does it take to get a hearing in Miami?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It is a federal, full time employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 7 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, once EEOC charge is filed against an employer, the EEOC on average will take 10 months to investigate the charge and to make a determination whether a violation took place and whether "right to sue determination" should be issued by EEOC.

You can read more details at the EEOC website at this link:

https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/process.cfm

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 6 months ago

Thank you.

Thank you.

Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 5 months ago
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.