Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My husband is from Ireland and is a lawful permanent

Customer Question
My husband is from...

My husband is from Ireland and is a lawful permanent conditional resident. He was working for a company until Nov 6th and was suddenly fired without warning.. citing a "misconduct" charge.. setting someone up to fail.. although the person hadn't even started in the position yet.. his resident card was dated Nov 5 to expire (altho he got a letter from immigration extending it).. we think this sounds suspicious

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, I am unclear about what your legal question is and what you are saying about in what way your husband's termination is related to his residency. Can you please clarify those issues for me? Also, he is not in the Country on a work visa correct? Finally, if not for the stated reasons, why does your husband think he was terminated?

Please be advised that I will be away from my computer for much of the day but will respond to your answers of all of my information requests as soon as I am available.