socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired
10097515

The company I work for is continually shorting my pay. I

Customer Question

the company I work for is continually shorting my pay. I don't make enough to hire a lawyer, what should I do?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: That's tough, I do it 50hrs/week but it's technically "at will" so I know I'm not entitled to overtime but that's not the issue
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's very small amounts, $1 here, $2 there, I couldn't prove it until now but I do have evidence
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead, simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

You can file a wage claim with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). An agency representative can assit you with the paperwork, and there are videos and explanations available online. See this link.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can arrange to send you an offer of direct correspondence, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

216