Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I’m a non union contractor in the state of Arkansas and have…

Customer Question
I’m a non union...

I’m a non union contractor in the state of Arkansas and have the opportunity to work on a union job In Michigan. Can I sign a agreement with a local for workers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union and it would be part time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/17/2017
Employment Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Do you have a copy of the agreement? If so, is there anything in it that says you cannot take nonunion jobs in state or out of state?

No haven't got that far yet.

Thanks for the additional information. Arkansas is a right to work state. So you can work a nonunion job in Arkansas and a Union job in Michigan. A member of a union in Arkansas cannot penalize someone for working a nonunion job. You just have to make sure if you sign an agreement in Michigan, it does not attempt your right to work a nonunion job. Since it is too different states, it should not be a problem. If you have further questions or want to discuss further, just let me know.

Hello again: Do you have any more questions? I am happy to help you if you do. If not, I have been happy to answer your questions. Please remember to provide a rating between 3 and 5 stars so I can get paid for the services I provided to you. Thank you.

Employment Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago

Did you sign your agreement? Did my answer help you? Let me know. If you are satisfied, just rate the answer 3 to 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you at no additional charge. Best regards.