Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Recently off and have a non-compete agreement that is very

Customer Question
Recently laid off and have...
Recently laid off and have a non-compete agreement that is very rigid. what is the best way to nullify the non-compete
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: We I was laid off, I requested to be released from the non-compete. I was told the company would not grant waivers to the non-compete. I was told that I could either submit a job description of any job I was offered to have them determine if the non-compete applies or just not tell them
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: yes, New Jersey is the governing state full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
11/17/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly provide additional information.

Why do you think the non-compete agreement "is very rigid?"

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer